All applicants should have an upper secondary school leaving exam as a minimum, preferably in a subject relevant for the programme they apply for.
In general, the application process is based on judging you as a whole package, that means it is important to make a good impression in your cover letter and possible interview. But there are also specific requirements on marks e.g. from mathematics on some programmes. Therefore we advise you to check the specific webpage or contact us for more information
Would you like to apply? Sign up here
At the date of starting at the university student must reach the age of 18.
There is no upper limit.
- Student has completed a secondary education with school leaving exam.
- Student is in the fourth year of high school and is preparing for graduation exam (certificate of graduation from upper secondary school leaving exam is established before joining the study).
- Student has completed the first two years of university, and in case of interest for a transfer to the third year of Bachelor studies at any university in Denmark will have to prove credits obtained (ECTS points) and the list of courses from other universities from the previous two years.
- Student is a graduate of Bachelor study and is interested in MSC. Program. In this case, the student submits a Bachelor diploma and credits obtained(ECTS points) and the list of courses from other universities from last three years.
In case that the student does not have any of the certificate mentiones below, it is necessary to make an english test in cooperation with Scandinavian Study. The placement test is free of charge and it is possible to make it more than once.
For Bachelor and AP degree programmes, it is necessary to have an European B2 english level.
Aalborg University requires following english certificates on Master degree programmes:
- IELTS (academic test): 6.0
- TOEFL (paper-based): 550
- TOEFL (computer-based): 230
- TOEFL (internet-based): 80
- Cambridge ESOL: C1
In case you do not have neither of the certificates, you have to make an english exam provided by our agency in order to apply.
- February – some of the programmes open also during the winter, the deadline for submitting an application is December 1.
- August – deadline is March 15.
However some institutions are willing to admit students after this date in case of free capacity.
Danish educational system
AP degree – 2 years
AP degree is a two-year training cycle, an advantage is that the student ends after two years of studies with an university degree (Academy Professional) and diploma. Part of the study is an internship in the company in Denmark or abroad usually in the 3rd or 4th semester, depending on the programme. You can also apply for a different scholarships that could cover your costs during your intenrship. After completing the program the student has the opportunity to continue at a relevant Bachelor Top-up or to start a career.
Bachelor Top-up – 1, 5 years
The advantage of the programme is that student after finishing AP degree can be transferred also to another program specialization. For instance, after finishing any AP degree programme, you can continue to Bachelor Top-up from Innovation and Entrepreneurship. Student reaches relevant qualifications in two fields over a period of 3, 5 year, which deepens his professional competence and multiplies his chances in future employment.
BA/BSc degree – 3-3.5 years
This degree is three or three and half year training cycle, depending on each programme, which ends with a Bachelor diploma.
MA/MSc degree – 2 years
MA/MSc degree is two-year training cycle, where student is attending lectures for 1 year and his last year of studies consists of an internship placement and preparing his MA/MSc final thesis. Currently, we offering MA/MSc degree only at our partner institution at Aalborg University. In order to get admission to AU, student has to have IELTS or TOEFL certificate of English language.