Scholarship in Denmark – SU – Statens Uddannelsesstøtte
Can You get it ?
EU citizens should have the same rights as the Danes to receive in Denmark scholarship. According to a memorandum from the Ministry for research, innovation and education , this means that EU citizens can now apply for SU scholarship if they work more than 10-12 hours per week and meet certain conditions .
Who is eligible and who is not ?
You are eligible if you are :
- EU citizen
- contract work 10-12 hours a week
- studying at a university in Denmark full time education (ie not through an exchange program , for example . Erasmus )
- Without SU
You are not eligible if you are
- you are not an EU citizen
- not working 10-12 hours a week
- an ” Exchange” student at the Danish University
What is SU at present ?
Currently the SU scholarship is 5.753 DKK (approximately EUR 750) per month before taxes for students who do not live with their parents .
You can find more information about this scholarship at its official website HERE.